Just a few years ago, socialism seemed utterly discredited. Unfortunately, the socialist temptation has come back with a vengeance.
A generation of young people who are unaware of the misery that socialism has inflicted in the past is embracing it anew. Oblivious to the prosperity capitalism has showered upon them, they are demanding an impossible utopia. And those of us who DO remember are dumbfounded.
How do we combat this new generation's allure of a socialist utopia?
Thankfully, Iain Murray has written a provocative new book, The Socialist Temptation, which explains why:
- The socialist temptation is suddenly so powerful among young people;
- Even when socialism doesn’t usher in a bloody tyranny, it still makes everyone poor and miserable;
- Under the democratic socialism of Murray's youth in pre-Thatcher Britain, he had to do his homework by candlelight;
- The Scandinavian economies are not really socialist at all; and
- How we can show young people the sorry truth about socialism and turn the tide of history against this destructive pipedream.
Thursday, September 24, 2020
1:00 PM CENTRAL (2:00 PM Eastern)
For additional information or questions please contact
Addie Crimmins at email@example.com or 512.787.8102